Foundation Production Breif

Breifing

Brief - Create a Front Page,Contents And Double Page , Spread Of A New Music Magazine. All images And Text Used Must Be original , Produced By The Candidate. Minimum Of Four Images Per Candidate.

Technology - Digital photography and manipulation. Desktop publishing

Saturday 27 March 2010

Double Page (Writing First Draft)

The long awaited exclusive interview with damage which all you hip-hop/rap fans have been waiting for is finally here. Damage has battled his way from the bottom and now he is here to take on the top of the rap game so with out further ado…Lets get ready to Ruuuuuumble!!! Drifter talks exclusively Bass Hype and personally to Sincere

Sincere- With 4 mix tapes, 2 albums and a brand new record deal it is arguable that Damage you had one of the most productive 2 years your life

Drifter – (Laughs Modestly) Yeah it has been pretty hectic at times but it’s all good. I feel as if it’s a very big achievement for myself I didn’t think it was possible.

Sincere – Congratulations on your new contract with Island records how did it feel when you secured the deal with them?

Drifter – Thanks I have to admit at first didn’t seem real because I can still remember the days when I was spittin bars on the street corner. Everything changed so quickly I feel as if im living the dream already. I could have imagined this happening 5 years ago considering I was living in one of the notorious estates in wembley i didn’t think dreams like this could happen for people like me.

Sincere – You mentioned you used to live in Wembley, what was that like ?

Drifter – Well I have a lot of love for Wembley it’s the place where I grew up it wasn’t a great environment for me because I grew up on the projects and I remember seeing a lot of events that kids of my age group shouldn’t have been seeing by watching other peoples struggle made me more determined that I wouldn’t follow that ghetto route of drugs and poverty.

Sincere – What else made you determined to succeed?

Drifter - Another thing that motivated me was my mum. I watched her working her hardest in order to make sure there was food on the table and I owe a lot of what I am now to her she was a grafter and a real go getter person if she set her mind on going to do something or going to getting something you better believe she was gone get it.

Sincere – What sort of reception do you get when you go back to Wembley?

Drifter – Well there are a lot of people that give me a very warm reception I also owe a lot to because most of my fans have supported me from day 1.They bought my albums ,mix tapes which has allowed me to continue what I love and hopefully do best rapping.

Sincere – It’s become apparent to us that your workload has been very high this year so tell us about some of your mix tapes and of course the long awaited 2 albums.

Drifter – Well my first mix tape was called ‘Dangerous Mind’ This idea of this mix tape was basically me laying down raw hardcore street bars to try and give an insight to my fans of how my life was living in Harlem and growing up on the projects as a child. My First album was called ‘rehabilitation’ the idea behind this being that I went to a rehab centre in order to try and water my tracks down to enable all different audiences to be able to listen to my music without being offended due to the expletives I used in the first mix tape (Dangerous Mind). My second mix tape was called ‘Flying High’ the idea behind this being that because my first album was such a big hit with my fans and also made me a considerable amount of money that I would give the fans an insight into my life and how It was changing. However the third mix tape ‘product of the hood’ was again taking the fans back to how my life style used to be after various requests and fan mail asking for me to consider making something similar to ‘Dangerous Mind’ and I hope the fans like that one. My latest album which isn’t out on the streets yet but is going to be dropping very soon is called ‘Danger Of Death’ and Im not telling Bass Hype any info on this however I have brought you a copy so check it out and to the fans I would say go kop it your like what you hear.

Sincere – Damage we all know that you must be racking in the Money at the moment but do you believe it has changed you?

Drifter – Well I believe that money can change a lot of things but not me. I have always kept reminding myself don’t ever forget what and where you came from in order to maintain a focus about myself and I always remember how easy it could be for this surreal lifestyle to all come crashing down for me and how easy it could be to be forgotten in this rap game that’s why I am continuously in studio making music otherwise if you fall behind in this game you don’t often catch up.

Sincere – Well with money comes women and you must have had your fair share of women by now how are you finding that?

Drifter – Hahaha (laughs Damage) well I don’t really see women in the way which you may have just said that but of course yeah its like you said you get a lot more women approaching you when your famous for you autograph and what not and also in your videos you always have beautiful women in your videos to go with the lifestyle that I am living. How ever I am not taken at the moment so you know I’ll just see how it goes.

Well here’s we wrapped it up with Drifter we want to say thanks for the insight into your new lifestyle and especially for the preview of your new album and good luck for the future and keep doing your thing in the Rap/Hip-hop game.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.



    Coursework Writing

    ReplyDelete